A person who, believing another may have information relating to an offense, [deceives such other person] or [employs (force), (threat), or (bribery)] with intent to hinder, delay, or prevent communication of such information to a law enforcement officer, is guilty of tampering with an informant(s) in a criminal investigation.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF OFFENSE CHARGED
The State’s burden of proof is satisfied if the evidence shows, beyond a reasonable doubt, the following essential elements:
1) On or about [month] [day] [year], in [County], North Dakota,
2) The Defendant, _______________;
3) Believed another person may have had information relating to an offense;
4) [Deceived such other person] [or] [Employed (force), (threat), or (bribery)]; and
5) Intended to hinder, delay, or prevent communication of such information to a law enforcement officer.